Start your staff volunteering journey!
Register on our Staff Volunteering Platform today to start your staff volunteering journey! Here you can view all of our current volunteering opportunities, join sessions and log your hours.
We have provided some guidance below on how to volunteer and log your hours through the Staff Volunteering Scheme.
How to volunteer
- Register on the Staff Volunteering Platform. Here you can view, search for and join any volunteering opportunities we have available and log any of your volunteer leave.
- Log your hours. Please sign into the platform, search for your chosen opportunity (if this is not listed, please email [email protected] with the charity name, address, website and any contact details you have there)
- Line Manager Authorisation. Please log your hours through Oracle for approval from your line manager before your volunteering activity takes place.
If you are looking to begin your volunteering journey but don’t know where to start, please feel free to get in touch with the Staff Volunteering team on [email protected].
Guidance on logging your staff volunteering hours
To log your hours through the staff volunteering platform
- Sign in to the staff volunteer platform
- ‘Join’ your chosen opportunity
- You will be taken to a new page – select log hours on the left-hand panel
- Select the date and hours/minutes you have volunteered
- Click the log hours button
To receive line manager authorisation through Oracle
- Sign in to Oracle
- Select Time and Absences
- Add Absence
- Select Volunteering from the drop-down menu
- Add your start and end date and your hours
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the Volunteer Organisation (Charity name) and Event Participant (team or individual volunteering) sections
- click submit in the top right corner